I AM GETTING "ERROR: MISSING STYLE.CSS STYLESHEET" WHEN UPLOADING A WORDPRESS THEME

As a wordpress user, I have used so many themes on my webpage: www.martinslibrary.blogspot.com and within this period of time I have encounter some popular wordpress theme issues which I found difficult to solve as a newbie. But as time went by, I did some research and from my own personal findings, I came across some other worpress users with the same problems.  I visited some wordpress forums and found related questions I always ask other webmaster. Take a look;

Question 1
My WordPress Theme isn't working, what should I do?
I am unable to install a theme using both wordpress upload and FTP. When I upload the zip file to WordPress via "install themes", I get an error message:  The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. Theme install failed. I tried to unzip the file to my desktop and upload the theme via Filezilla to "/wp-content/themes". But after a successful upload, when I go back into my wp-admin, the theme doesn't show up under my "manage themes" The style.css is in the top folder for the theme. Here's the style.css for the theme (no white space preceding). This is only the beginning of the stylesheet. Any idea's for a fix? Thank you!

Getting "Error: missing style.css stylesheet" when uploading theme
I'm attempting to upload a recently purchased theme to my WordPress.org site but keep receiving the same error message. I am not sure what to do to resolve this as I am new to WordPress. The theme I am trying to upload is called Solid WP - Corpotate/Business WordPress Theme and can be found here: http://themeforest.net/item/solid-wp-corporate-business-wordpress-theme/308585?WT.ac=search_thumb&WT.seg_1=search_thumb&WT.z_author=bitpub
When I downloaded the theme, it appeared in my Downloads folder in a folder file, not a zip file. So I right clicked and compressed the file into a zip file. When I upload the file to wordpress, I receive this message:

"Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed."

I do not know what to do resolve this and am hoping someone here may be able to discern between simple newbie error and complicated error and/or provide a step to take to try and resolve this problem. Also, I do not know what version of WordPress I am using, but I signed up in the last month so I assume this means I am using the latest version. Thanks in advance for your help and advice!


POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS I FINNALY PUT TOGETHER
Now, if you have downloaded or bought a wordpress theme and you are having difficulty installing it, the following easy steps possibly will help you to solve this issue of the theme is missing the stylesheet:

1.      Please do well to read the help documentation provided by the author of the theme. Help documentation can be found in the file you download.
2.      Visit and check the comments and FAQs on the item page of the theme. Your questions may already have been answered there! Comments and FAQs are viewable on the item's page:
3.      Look if the author of the theme offers support. Authors are sometimes not always required to provide support, but those who decide to will outline how you should contact them on their profile page, in the item description or in the comments etc.
4.      In the case of popular themes, Search the Theme Forums for a solution to your issue.
5.      Now if after all these steps and it doesn’t work and you think there is a bug or the file does not work as explained, please contact Support team.

If you are a wordpress user and you are having some issues installing your new downloaded or purchased theme, this article is for you, now look at this;

General issues that can occur with new users to installing WordPress themes is a "Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message that is displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not really significantly suggest that the theme you have downloaded for free or purchased is damaged, it merely means it has been uploaded wrongly. Fortunately, there is a very easy way to fix this issue. Please read carefully and follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

SOLUTION
1.      Firstly, download the final zip file from your theme downloads page.
2.      Now, Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
3.      Please, Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
4.      Next step, browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
5.      Using an FTP client, upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder.
6.      You can now login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.

This step is Optional: If you do not desire to manually upload the theme only folder to your “themes” folder, there is an option. You can zip up the theme folder (remember, ONLY the theme folder) and upload it via the WordPress themes admin panel by selecting “add new” and clicking “upload”.

I believe this is all you need, please be absolutely sure you are uploading only the theme folder when trying to install a WordPress theme. If you have specific item questions or need technical help, I recommend you contact the author of the theme via their profile page.

NOTE THIS
After a theme is designed, all the files go through a thorough check and review process before it is approved, but occasionally problems can slip through the cracks. If you believe that there is an issue with a file you have purchased, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate. Remember to include as much detail as possible to expedite the process.
Share on Google Plus

Declaimer - MARTINS LIBRARY

The publications and/or documents on this website are provided for general information purposes only. Your use of any of these sample documents is subjected to your own decision NB: Join our Social Media Network on Google Plus | Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin

READ RECENT UPDATES HERE