Graduate 2016 Administrative Officers at UNICEF Nigeria - Apply Now for the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU). The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) is responsible for implementation of Component 2 of the programme, namely ‘to increase access to reporting mechanisms and protective services for girls and women affected by human rights abuses, including gender based violence, in 3 states of northern Nigeria”. This will entail enhancing avenues for reporting of child rights violation and Gender Based Violence in Plateau and Gombe States, strengthening access to and quality of services for children and women who have experienced violence (including gender based violence (GBV), abuse, neglect and exploitation and strengthening the information management system for collecting data on violations.
Related Jobs for 2016
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Level: National Professional (NO-A)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Purpose of the Post
- The incumbent is accountable for delivery of efficient and cost effective administrative support services, providing guidance for operations of administrative support services and management of administrative staff.
- Ensures the office’s administrative operations and services are in compliance with the organizations administrative policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Competencies required
- University degree in Social Sciences, Business Management, Administration, Finance or any other relevant field of discipline.
- One year of relevant professional work experience with a International Work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Work experience in emergency duty station
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station
- Administrative service management functions of the job as required in the context of the country situations and conditions of service.
- Gender and diversity awareness
- Leadership in identifying, encouraging and monitoring capable women
- Knowledge of the global commitment err aid effectiveness, including the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness, the Accra Agenda for Action as well as knowledge of the Global Programme Partnerships (GPPs).
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their applications, accompanied by updated CV's in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates are advised to put the position title they are applying for on the subject line of their emails.