UNICEF - Education Specialist Job at Ondo State, Nigeria: The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU). The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
UNICEF is responsible for implementation of Component 2 of the programme, namely ‘to increase access to reporting mechanisms and protective services for girls and women affected by human rights abuses, including gender based violence, in 3 states of northern Nigeria”. This will entail enhancing avenues for reporting of child rights violation and Gender Based Violence in Plateau and Gombe States, strengthening access to and quality of services for children and women who have experienced violence (including gender based violence (GBV), abuse, neglect and exploitation and strengthening the information management system for collecting data on violations.
UNICEF is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Education Specialist
Vacancy number: YN NGR-O44U1
Level National Professional (NO-C)
Contract Type Fixed Term
Purpose of the Post
The incumbent is accountable for fundraising and establishing education partnerships, engaging in networks, ensuring leveraging of funds, identifying inequities and ensuring budgeted equity- based State level Education Sector Plans in focus states, accomplishment of programme outputs, develop quarterly budgets and reports, planning, monitoring and reporting as required of progress.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Advanced university degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education, Primary Education, or a Social Sciences fields relevant to international development assistance.
- Five years of progressively professional work experience at national and international levels in field programmes relevant to education programmes. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset Experience in national level development assistance is an asset. Experience with addressing gender disparities and asset
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station.
- Advanced Technical Knowledge of the theories, principles and methods in one of lire following areas: Education; Primary Education, Education Planning, Economics, Social Sciences, and/or related fields.
- Gender and diversity awareness.
- Leadership in identifying, encouraging and mentoring capable women.
- Knowledge of the global commitment on aid effectiveness, including the Pans Declaration and Effectiveness, the Accra Agenda for Action as wet as knowledge of the Global Programme Partnerships (GPPs).
- Knowledge of theories and practices in: programme/project management in Education,
- Monitoring and Evaluation. Training and Capacity Development in Education, Alternative Basic Education. Curriculum
- Development and Knowledge Management.
- Experience establishing partnership, working through networks and fundraising to achieve results.
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their applications, accompanied by updated CV's in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates are advised to put the position title they are applying for on the subject line of their emails.