Garlic's Health Benefits: See Good Reasons Why You Should Always Use Garlic (Allium Sativum) - Garlic is the star when it comes to cooking. It adds more flavor and aroma to any dish but did you know that you can use garlic in many ways other than just cooking?
Garlic is the star when it comes to cooking. It adds more flavor and aroma to any dish but did you know that you can use garlic in many ways other than just cooking? Truth is garlic is one of the many helpful herbs/spices that you can use not just in cooking but in treating medical conditions as well.
New Articles on Garlic
It was the famous Greek physician Hippocrates that first used garlic in treating his patients. So just like what the Father of Medicine thought, garlic has proven to be very helpful in terms of treating certain medical conditions even after hundreds of years. Now if you want to know what are the best health benefits of garlic are then this article is all you need. Check this out!
Benefits of Garlic: 15 Good Reasons Why You Should Use Garlic
- It helps clear out acne – if you suffer from acne and had tried all kinds of medications but to no avail then garlic may be your best option. Garlic contains antioxidants that helps kill bacteria that cause acne. To use garlic, all you have to do is to rub a slice of garlic clove into the pimple and let it stay for about 5 minutes. This will serve as your topical treatment to help cure acne. Of course it may smell but if you really want to get rid of acne then this is the best way to do so. Never mind the smell as this can truly help you out!
- It can help prevent colds – garlic is known to boost the immune system. It has been proven that those who take garlic supplement reduced colds by 63%. So if you are suffering from flu or the common colds try taking garlic supplements and see the difference.
- It can help you lose weight – another good thing about garlic is that it can help you lose weight. It is recommended that you cook your food with garlic if you wish to lose weight and get rid of your unwanted fats.
- It can help cure psoriasis – garlic has anti-inflammatory properties which have proven to help reduce the outbreak of psoriasis. To do this, use garlic oil and rub it on the areas of the affected skin. Do this regularly until the psoriasis is gone.
- It is good for the heart – it is believed that garlic can help reduce heart diseases. It lowers the LDL cholesterol or the bad cholesterol as well as the aortic plaque that deposits on the arteries.
Recommended Articles on Garlic
- It can help cure fungal and bacterial infections in the vagina – when garlic is crushed, the substance Allicin is released. This is a sulphuric compound found in garlic which acts as a natural antibiotic. Back in WWII, garlic is used by soldiers to treat infected wounds. If you don’t like using raw garlic to treat infections then you can also make use of powdered garlic capsules but keep in mind that Allicin is already destroyed once garlic is turned to powder. So for a more potent antifungal and antibacterial solution, use raw garlic.
- It is a good source of Vitamin B6 – to boost your immune system, Vitamin B6 is needed. They are responsible for the growth of new cells which help fight free radicals which can harm the body. It is also helps in your mood swings and improves it for the better.
- It helps regulate blood sugar – one of the best benefits of garlic is that is helps enhance the level of insulin in your blood. In short they help assist in the control of diabetes. However you need to consult your physician first before you take garlic so to avoid complications in the future.
- It helps prevent the formation of cancer – breast, colon, prostate, stomach, bladder, and many others can be prevented with the use of garlic. As I have mentioned, garlic is rich in Vitamin B6 which helps fight free radicals in the body. These free radicals form into tumors that cause cancer. So if you want to prevent these cancer cells to form, garlic can help you with that.
- It contains a good amount of iodine and Vitamin C – iodine prevents the formation of thyroid conditions. Patients who have suffered from iodine deficiency and are taking in garlic shows an improved condition compared to those who have not. Garlic is also rich in Vitamin C which is great for the immune system. It can also help treat scurvy.
- It can cure cold sores – the antifungal properties of garlic can help cure any cold sores. All you need to do is to rub garlic on the affected area and let the antibiotic properties of garlic do its wonders.
- It can help treat athlete’s foot – since garlic is rich with anti-fungal properties, it can also be used to treat athlete’s foot. You can do this by soaking your feet in warm water with crushed garlic. Do this on a regular basis and you will find an improvement.
- It can be used as a natural mosquito repellant – rubbing garlic in your skin can also be used as a mosquito repellant. For some reason, mosquitoes dislike the presence of garlic in the skin.
- It helps babies gain weight – for pregnant women, including garlic in their diet helps babies gain weight while they are in the womb.
|Benefits of Garlic: See new Findings Why You Should Use Garlic (Allium Sativum)|
- It can be used to protect plants – surprising as it is but garlic makes a good and natural pesticide. All you need is to add garlic in water, mineral oil and liquid soap. Mix them together and place it inside a spray bottle. Use this as your protective mist to the plants in your garden to keep bugs and other insects from eating them.
Related Posts on Garlic
You know they say about “prevention is better than cure”? Well garlic is the best alternative to prevent these diseases from occurring plus they’re available anytime and is a lot cheaper compared to your prescribed medications. Of course, if you have other underlying conditions that might prevent you from eating garlic or garlic supplements then ask your physician about if first. This way you can prevent further complications in the future.
So you see, there are many ways in which we can benefit from garlic. You can cook garlic, have them in capsule or powder form, eat them raw, use them as pesticides and you will still get plenty of health benefits from them! No wonder it is well-loved by people all around the world. If you are not a garlic-eater or hates garlic then perhaps it is time that you change your mind about it. Adding garlic into your diet is a must.
Tags and Searches related to garlic
garlic health benefits
uses of garlic