SUMMARY, CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
This chapter is devotes to summarize the implication of findings, conclusion and recommendations.
Restatement of the Problem
Observation and interview conducted by the researcher in Ebonyi State Transportation Corporation in Abakaliki revealed that some respondent do not value the role of an accountant and managers of business corporation do not appreciate the role of the accountant in assisting the management. This negligence of the role of an accountant has result to the ineffectiveness and inefficiency of an organization. Organization has undergoes a lot of fraud, low performance and wastage of resources. All this prompt the researcher to ask the following question:
1. What are the roles of an accountant in an organization?
2. To what extent does an accountant assist the management of an organization in achieving organizational effectiveness in operation?
3. To what extent does accountant assist the management in achieving organizational efficiency in the budgeting process?
4. To what extent does an accountant helps an organization to achieve its goal?
5. What are the strategies of improving effectiveness and efficiency of an accountant?
Summary of Procedures Used
A survey research design was used in carrying out .this study was carried out in Ebonyi State Transport Corporation which covered Abakaliki Local Government. The population of this study comprised of one hundred and twenty two (122) staff of Ebonyi state transport and the stratified simple random sampling technique was used to determine the total transport corporation in Abakaliki Local Government Area. The collection of data was done based on the use of Questionnaires. The Questionnaire was just in a section (section “A”) and it dealt with items which were used to answer the research questions. Each of these research questions was expanded to accumulate various options of respondent towards the idea being portrayed in such question. One hundred (100) questionnaires were distributed and one hundred were filled and collected/returned instantly, which showed 95.24% returned of the filled copies of questionnaire. Finally mean statistics and standard deviation was used in analyzing the result of the respondents.
Summary of Principal Findings
The researcher based the summary of findings from the data gathered and analyzed in chapter four (4)
Result on table 4.1 shows that there are roles an accountant play in an organization that enables the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization
Result on table 4.2 shows that Accountant can assist an organization to achieve effectiveness in its performance/operation.
Result on table 4.3 shows that accountant assist an in the budget to achieve efficiency in the budgeting process.
Result on table 4.4 shows that an account helps an organization to achieve its organizational goal.
Result on table 4.5 shows that there are ways of improving on the problems facing an accountant in an organization to achieve effectiveness and efficiency.
Implication of the Findings
The study has the following implications:
1. Organizations should endeavour to allow an accountant to perform his role effectively and efficiently in prudence.
2. Organizations should see to the problems facing the accountant in the organization and solve them, in order to enhance the accountant efficiency and effective operation/performance in the organization.
3. Organizations should make use of the accounting information during the budgeting process to enhance efficiency.
4. Organization should recognize and appreciate an accountant’s role in achieving organizational goal.
From the findings of the study, the following conclusions were made:
1. There are roles an accountant play in every organization for survival and growth.
2. Accountant will assist the management of an organization in achieving organizational effectiveness in operation.
3. Accountant will assist the management in achieving organizational efficiency in the budgeting process.
4. accountant help an organization to achieve its goal
5. There are strategies of improving effectiveness and efficiency of an Accountant.
1. The management or business owner should regard accountant very important since they are information giver, giving information about revenue and financial position of organization.
2. Accountant should be allowed to analyze financial records in the organization because it is a way of resolving discrepancies and ascertaining fraud.
3. Management is encouraged to make employment of accountant who owns the duty of financial data collection, entry and maintenance of financial record in compliance with ethical guideline of accounting.
4. Management should regularly invite an internal auditor to examine the financial records or financial statement prepared by an internal auditor