TRAINING OF HEALTH EDUCATION TEACHERS ON IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NATIONAL SCHOOL HEALTH POLICY SPONSORED BY STATE PLANNING COMMISSION IN THREE LGA
The tools are as follows:
1. Records of pre-entry medical seeming of pupils
2. Availability and number of functional toilet and urinary for both gender (pupils and staff) in the school.
3. First Aid box (availability of essential items in the box, and evidence that it is in use).
4. Recreational Facilities
5. Availability of trees and flowers and well maintained lawns
6. Availability of portable water sources
7. Records of number of health talks held in the school (either for pupils or parents).
8. Sports facilities.
9. Sick bay and health record booklets.
9. Well ventilated classroom blocks with enough space.
10. Records of referral services.
11. Records that show that food vendors in the school are screened and certified.
12. Availability of school garden.
13. School health records (containing information on pupils).
14. Guidance and counseling services in the school
15. Availability of functional school based health committees.
16. Evidence of linkage of the school with Government owned health clinic in the community.
17. Availability of refuse disposal facilities (compost pit and dust bines)
19. Clean environment.
20. School fencing (with hedges or blocks)
21. Availability of records of routine medical services in the school by health professionals.
22. Physical Location of the school
23. Weighing balance and evidence that it is used to generate useful information on health status of both pupils and staff on regular basis
24. Arability of growth monitoring instrument and evidence that it is used on regular basis.