The main aim of this post is to teach you how to Create a sitemap which helps different search engines to crawl and categorize your site in an easy and faster way. This will also show you how you can easily create and verify a sitemap for any of your publicly viewable Google Sites through Google
Step 1. Methods of Verifying your website or blog with Google Webmaster Tools
Note this: Before Google Sites will generate a sitemap, a webmaster must verify his site with Google Webmaster Tools, that is; you must verify your site yourself
- You have to Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools using the same account information you use to sign in to the Google Sites.
- Now Click "Add a site...", enter the base URL of your Google Site in the box that pops up, then click "Continue."- This will load to the next page.
- Next step: On the following page, you have to select the radio button next to Add a meta tag to your site's home page.- Be careful in this step.
- Select and Copy the meta tag (in a clear example,
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="z5mJLjVGtEe5qzCefW1pamxI7H46u19n4XnxEzgl1AU" />) from the Instructions box. Do not make any mistake when copying this text.
- In a new browser window or tab, navigate to the Google Site you wish to verify. (You will need to go back to the Webmaster Tools page, so do not close it.)
- Next step: Select Manage site from the "More actions" drop-down menu.
- Now Select the General tab under the Site Setting area.
- Carefully Paste the meta tag that you copied on the Google Webmasters Tools site in the box next to Google Webmaster Tools verification. Do not make any mistake in pasting the codes
- You have to Click "Save changes." and the changes will be saved
- Now Go back to the Webmaster Tools page where you copied the meta tag.
- Click "Verify."
Step 2. Procedures of Submitting your Google Site's sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools
- Firstly; On your Webmaster Tools home page, select your site.
- Secondly; In the left sidebar, click Site configuration and then Sitemaps.
- Thirdly; Click the Add/Test Sitemap button in the top right.
- Fourthly: Enter
/system/feeds/sitemapinto the text box that appears.
- Finally; Click Sitemap.
Step 3. Simple ways of Locating your sitemap for later use as an AdminDo you know that you can navigate to your sitemap by adding
/system/feeds/sitemapto the end of the base URL of your Google Site? Yes its true. Just add it a see.
An example of Independent Google site