SKILLS ACQUIRED DURING INDUSTRIAL TRAINING (SIWES)



FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
Safety precautions/equipments
Proper housekeeping ability
Computer Skills
Decision making ability
SOFT SKILLS
Interpersonal skills
Team work ability
Self management skill

Report writing and Accountability
Leadership skill
SAFETY  SKILLS:
Working under( HSE) health and environmental safety  team has exposed me on the various  health and environmental safety precautions, different  safety  materials, signs and equipments in water including their importance. As well as the measures to protect our water bodies


PROPER HOUSEKEEPING  ABILITY:
        My six months Industrial Training with Melbourne Services Limited taught me the needs  for proper housekeeping ,  indoor and out door housekeeping processes, the different types and sources of marine waste, their different storage bins and their means of disposal as well as proper environmental sanitation
COMPUTER SKILL:
        Undergoing training with Melbourne Services Limited has given me the opportunity to acquire some computer skills such as typing of report and document, as well as to learn other computer networking programs .

DECISION MAKING ABILITY:
        During  the training, I was given the opportunity to make decision that are related to my tasks, Although they were minor but it gave me the motivation to perform the entire task successfully seeing how good decisions produces good results
SOFT SKILLS
Interpersonal Skill:
       It has given me the ability  in interacting with other people such as peer and supervisors, it was fun to deal with these people especially when they were willing to offer assistance and guidance to areas that  were so challenging.
TEAM WORK SKILL:
      I worked with my colleagues on many  occasions , I was able to contribute my own ideas and insight in works. For the bigger projects like spill prevention and fire fighting, I worked with my team leaders.
SELF MANAGEMENT:
        Getting to know what is like to work in the real industry taught me how to conduct myself properly in a business environment, I am able to improve my time management , more punctual to work and meeting report deadlines. I also learnt how to wear appropriate attire to work and manage myself wells.
REPORT WRITING AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
       At Melbourne Services Limited, the general operation manager(Mr Nobert  Ngwu)  made a strong impression on me pertaining  to note taking, particularly for proper organization and step by step execution of tasks assigned to me. He also ensured that  I submitted report to him every month end on all task status.

LEADERSHIP  SKILL:
        Although I have not led before but I was able to gain leadership insight by observing how supervisors  led their subordinate. From my observation, most of them applied autocratic system of leadership.
Share on Google Plus

Declaimer - Unknown

The publications and/or documents on this website are provided for general information purposes only. Your use of any of these sample documents is subjected to your own decision NB: Join our Social Media Network on Google Plus | Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin

READ RECENT UPDATES HERE