Summary, recommendations and conclusion
This work is an attempt to empirically examine “the impact of instructional materials on teaching of secondary school students in Onicha Local Government area of Ebonyi state. The study is motivated by the concern that students no longer cope up with their basic instructiontional materials for teaching and learning.
The proportional stratified sampling technique was used to select the respondents. Chi-square technique was used to test the hypotheses for the difference between a set of observed frequencies and corresponding expected frequency.
Result of the study showed that instructional materials in secondary schools have cognitive performance on students. This was subjected to the test of significance of chi-square(X2) between Instructional materials and cognitive performance of secondary school students.
The result of the second hypothesis tested showed that instructional materials on secondary schools have effect on teachers classroom performance. This was also subjected to the test of significance of chi-square (X2) between instructional materials and teachers classroom performances.
TERMS IN INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL
- Instructional materials in teaching Terms
- importance of instructional materials
- list of instructional materials in teaching
- example of instructional materials
- instructional materials definition
- types of instructional materials in teaching
- instructional materials in teaching mathematics
- instructional materials in teaching pdf
- instructional materials in teaching english
The following recommendations were made with the view of use of instructional and it’s impact in teaching and learning.
1. Instructional materials should be used by teachers
during teaching process
2. Teachers should be resourceful so as to improve when
3. Instructional material should be used properly in
relation to the topic teaching.
4. Supervision should be carried out on the teachers performance on the less of these material in classrooms.
The main aim of this research was to find out the impact of instructional materials in teaching secondary school student in Onicha local Government Area of Ebonyi state.
The result gathered so far from the areas and groups involved made the researcher to conclude that more effort should be made towards provision of instructional material and proper use of it so that students and teachers will gain more in teaching learning process.
In appropriate use of instructional materials has many effect on teachers and students such as misunderstanding, confusion and in achievement of specified objective but proper use of it leads to students understanding, interest in learning process recognition of facts, teaching enhancement and achievement of instructional objective and educational objective in general.
The study reveals that use of instructional materials in teaching and learning has great influence on both students and teachers learning and classroom performance with it’s proper provision for the achievement of education objectives.