GROW UP AND BECOME A MAN | INSPIRATIONAL ARTICLE FROM MARTINS LIBRARY



“A child is a joy to the father, A son is a pride of the family”
My name s son o the m high my father rules the world He gave me authority to command bind and lose. They say I am heir to the throne. How did I become one?

My like yours has being in stages, each with its own special theme;
I was once known to. wean a, drink milk. I giggle at intervals and cried when I saw a strange face. The following chapter I became the child who ate bread and played around in panties (I was not ashamed, they were my best outfit)


In the next chapter, I had become the boy conscious of the environment but still did not understand why something’s were the way they were, I would quickly dispel my thoughts by rolling rims (tyre).

Then I moved on to the stage where i appreciated myself and every other creature like me. I could tell which person looks attractive and otherwise. I constantly gamed with the thought of who to impress and who to ignore. For the first time the opposite sex attracted my attention and every time I dressed well, it was because I thought someone had been noticing me. This was the stage when I thought I knew all and would not take to corrections. I had moved to the chapter of the BIG BOYZ.

The carrot that used to be my favorite fruit became my most cherished outfits; my best friends were those that wore bum short. I wanted the best of everything and less of the serious things. Every day I dream of holidays in Miami, summer tour in Hawaii, daily shopping in Dubai, fat pay cheque minus tax, I wanted to be like Jay Z, I wished I was Tiger Woods, I would love to be nominated for Grammys, be like OBAMA, play like MESSI (all at the same time) I thought life was to sleep 9pm and wake by 10 am by the sweet scent of Spanish brewed coffee. That was the chapter of media fantasy, television life and Hollywood wedding.
Alas! Life itself took me to the next chapter and events wrote themselves out in plain legible letters. My fantasies ended on the bed, reality began to stare
me sternly in the face, I realized life was more than the music videos and television jingles. 

The topics I was thought includes:
NO FOOD FOR LAZY MAN, EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE. A LITTLE SLEEP, A LITTLE SLUMBER, A LITTLE FOLDING OF THE HANDS TO SLEEP... SO SHALL THY POVERTY COME WINNERS NEVER QUIT (SO KEEP TRYING EVEN IF YOU FAIL A MILLION TIMES) WHEN THERE IS LIFE THERE IS HOPE. IF YOU DON’T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY YOU WILL DIE A LIABILITY AND A BILLION DOLLAR MULTIPLIED BY ZERO = ZERO.

Life in this chapter will give you a test before the lesson, I would sleep on empty stomach with no hope of a course the next day yet I would gladly say “I am waiting on the lord”... Until someone told me “welcome to real life... are you ready to become a man?”

Quickly, I changed gear, stopped eating bread and fish, started feeding on fish bones, graduated to chicken bones and finally elephant tusk.

Friends don’t you think it’s time to grow up and become the man? Are you still waiting to be spoon fed? Do your parent still declare bed time and change nappies for you? Do you have a secret place or you still do things in secret? Please don’t be a late starter, don’t wait for the eleventh hour you may die at 10:30.

A revelation at fifty is an accident, a fool at thirty is a waste, and if you still do not have a goal at twenty then you will never score? (if you don’t score you will never win) if you are still being inspired by Terry-G then you need deliverance.

Though I did not have much power over my physical growth, but my mental and spiritual depth were functions of my decision to become the man.

Do you know you might be the change Nigeria has been waiting for? You are meant to be a history maker? What if the destiny of a million people rest on your shoulder? (Even the boy Merlin had to grow. Start being productive. (JUMONG won’t help) Don’t start thinking of joining the millions of job seeker, we have too many already

The earnest expectation of the creature waits for the manifestation of the sons...

Lastly, if you were to tell a story of your life what would you point out as an achievement? It better not be your JAMB score or University G.P. Grow up and become THE MAN
Share on Google Plus

Declaimer - MARTINS LIBRARY

The publications and/or documents on this website are provided for general information purposes only. Your use of any of these sample documents is subjected to your own decision NB: Join our Social Media Network on Google Plus | Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin

READ RECENT UPDATES HERE